Efficiency is a challenge with increasing global imports and exports that are driving the need for increased operational quality, productivity and safety. Excellence is Groeneveld's goal with world class automatic lubrication, oil management and safety support systems.
Automatically lubricates better
It is hard to imagine container handling equipment without automatic lubrication systems. In this sector, optimal lubrication is key to preventing excessive wear of pins and bushings and to keep out dirt, dust and water. Less maintenance work on site is better for operational efficiency and safety. Automatic lubrication is increasingly being used on spreaders, reach stackers, empty container handlers, cranes, automated guided vehicles and terminal tractors. Here are the benefits:
- Frequent automatic lubrication while the machine is in operation
- Reduce wear to save time and money
- This will result in a longer life span of the lubricated components
- Less costs and downtime
- A higher residual value
- Up to 50% less grease consumption due to optimum dosing
- Grease spreads easily across surfaces because lubrication takes place while the machine is in operation
- Grease is applied in small amounts at regular intervals, where a grease collar is created around the pivot point
- Dirt and water are kept out (also during high-pressure cleaning)
These Groeneveld automatic lubrication systems are suitable for port equipment:
Download the Port Equipment segment brochure
Get in touch with Groeneveld
Reduce risks, enhance safety
The highest priority for terminal and port operators is safety and also applies to companies that work in ports and cargo traffic. With large numbers of equipment working on port grounds to direct huge streams of containers and goods, guaranteeing safety is challenging. Groeneveld's Greensight obstacle detection and camera systems offer an excellent solution for increasing safety. Here are the benefits:
- Ultrasonic acoustic warning system
- Improved safety around the container handling equipment
- Less risk of damage and personal injury
- Increased uptime
- No information overload for the operator
- Fully integrated and modular system
- Fully adjustable to the application and the customer's wishes
- Expandable with the unique Smart alarm, the sound level of which will be automatically adapted to the ambient noise
Greensight obstacle detection system
Greensight is available as an obstacle detection system, camera system (or combination of both). Ultrasound allows the system to detect obstacles in the pre-set zones. The detection area consists of three zones, each with its own detection level. The system can also be expanded with sensors either on the side or top of the equipment. As soon as an obstacle is detected, an acoustic signal is sounded for the operator in the cabin.. The display will indicate the zone where the obstacle is located. This means that the operator will be able to fully concentrate on his work, being warned as soon as a person or object enters the detection area.
Obstacle detection at the rear of a reach stacker. As a result, the operator can focus his attention on the container.
Greensight can be set up modularly and is an integrated solution that can be easily adapted to many applications. Terminal tractors have different requirements for safety systems than straddle carriers. Detection areas can also be adjusted as desired after this has been put into operation. All of the components shown below can be individually connected to the operating unit.
1. Control unit
The control unit is the core of each Greensight system. For smaller systems, we supply an control unit with six connections, and for larger systems a control unit with 15 connections is available. As a result, each system can be built up modularly.
The basic components of the Greensight detection system are the two sensors on the rear of the bus or coach. The compact sensors detect objects that have a diameter larger than 75 mm. The in-cab display warns the operator through light and acoustic signals.
3. Additional sensors
To expand the obstacle detection system, sensors are available to mount on top or on the sides of the bus or coach. This enlarges the detection area of the vehicle.
4. Camera system
The obstacle detection system can be expanded with the Groeneveld camera system, which can also work independently.
5. Smart alarm
The Greensight ultrasonic safety system warns the driver through acoustic and light signals. By expanding the system with the Smart alarm, people close to the vehicle are also warned as soon as Greensight observes them or an obstacle. An acoustic signal is given only when it is necessary, warning bystanders to stay alert. The volume of the Smart alarm automatically adapts to the amount of noise in the area.
Greensight camera system
In addition to the ultrasonic detection system, Groeneveld supplies a high quality camera system, which can significantly improve visibility for the operator. This is a solution for blind spots. Four cameras can be connected to the monitor, with all four of the camera images able to be displayed in a split screen. The Groeneveld camera system can be used stand alone, or as a supplement to the Greensight ultrasonic detection system. A combination that significantly improves safety, while increasing the comfort of the operator as well.
- Clear and sharp images
- No condensation and frost issues due to automatically heated lens surface
- Possible expansion up to four cameras
- CAN-bus connectivity prepared
- High sensitivity at 0.025 lux (good visibility with little light)
- Switches easily between different camera images
To prevent accidents, Groeneveld's Speedlimiter restrains driving speed of equipment. This system is able to limit both speed and RPM. The Speedlimiter is available as an electronic and mechanical version. An important feature of the Groeneveld Speedlimiter is the possibility to set up a second speed limitation. Speedlimiter offers the following benefits:
- Increased safety
- Improved uptime
- Less damage
- Lower operational costs
The following safety systems increase the safety of port equipment:
Download the Port Equipment segment brochure
Get in touch with Groeneveld
Always the correct level of oil
Groeneveld's Oilmaster ensures that oil is always at an optimum level. This product saves time and prevents engine damage (costly and time consuming). Oilmaster offers the following benefits:
- No need to check the oil level and fill the oil manually
- Always the optimum oil level and correct oil specification
- No engine damage as a result of an insufficient amount of oil in the engine
- Less downtime as a result of repair and maintenance
- Less risk of damaging expensive exhaust gas after treatment systems
- Lower oil consumption
- No risk of increased fuel consumption due to overfilling
- Less oil required during oil change
- Lower costs
The oil level in the engine is measured via a sensor. If the oil level drops below a pre-defined level, the Oilmaster will automatically fill half a litre of oil, independent of temperature and viscosity. Information about the amount of oil added is stored in the internal memory and can be used to perform preventive maintenance.
The Oilmaster oil management system consists of the following components:
- Oil reservoir
- Pump unit
- Control light
- Sump plug
- Oil level sensor
The Oilmaster is available in a standard and heavy duty version: