Parallel NLGI-2 heavy-duty automatic lubrication system
The Groeneveld dual-line automatic lubrication system is developed specifically for the most demanding applications. For installations with many lubrication points or long line lengths. For extremely low or high ambient temperatures. For applications where the reliability of the system is crucial. Thanks to the unique product properties, Twin is able to offer great benefits and an excellent return on investment.
The main benefits at a glance
- Highly reliable and ideal for demanding applications, long line lengths, large numbers of lubrication points and extreme ambient temperatures
- Equipped with a follower plate that ensures all the grease in the reservoir is used. This means that the reservoir wall remains clean, allowing to check the grease level visually. Ageing of the grease as a result of oxidation is also prevented
- Thanks to the low work pressure, the quality of the grease is preserved
- Grease output and grease dosing independent of ambient temperature and grease viscosity
- Available with reservoir volumes ranging from 3 to 200 litres
- The filler coupling with filter prevents contamination of the grease during filling
- Corrosion resistant thanks to unique brass metering units and distribution blocks
- Provided with a pressure switch in the main line system, as a result of which a break in the line is immediately detected
- Equipped with an in-cab display for monitoring the performances and selecting the interval modes (light, normal and heavy work) and test cycle
- Easily extended to grippers, excavation buckets and other equipment pieces through quick couplers
- Suitable for biodegradable grease
- Metering units and distribution blocks also available in stainless steel
Major time saving
Automatic lubrication of all bearings, pins and bushings will save you many hours of manual lubrication. Moreover, the equipment is lubricated while in operation, a significant difference to manual lubrication. Together with the extended lifespan of crucial components, this will ensure that the Groeneveld Twin has a quick return on investment. In addition, maintenance personnel do not constantly have to be present on site and do not have to perform stunts in order to lubricate hard to reach points. All this makes the Twin automatic lubrication system a smart investment in machine availability, efficiency, productivity and safety.
The Twin is suitable for many applications. A number of possible applications are shown below. You are welcome to contact Groeneveld for tailored advice.
Customers all over the world about Twin
Learn more about the Twin
Fill in the form to get in touch with Groeneveld about the Twin. We will contact you as soon as possible.
A Twin system consists of a robust plunger pump, two main lines to the distribution blocks with metering units and secondary lines to the individual lubrication points. The grease is pumped to the distribution blocks via a double main line network. The metering units supply the exact right amount of grease to each lubrication point. The pump will only switch off once the pressure in the entire system is at least 100 bar. As a result, always the right amount of grease is provided at each lubrication point, independent from counter-pressure, temperature or grease viscosity.
Animation Twin automatic lubrication system
The pump is equipped with a follower plate. It will ensure that all the grease is used and that there is no funneling effect. The grease is isolated from dirt, dust and water. The ageing process of the grease is slowed down and UV radiation has less effect, allowing the use of biodegradable grease. The follower plate will ensure that the reservoir wall will remain clean, so that it is easy to check the grease level.
The secondary lines create the connection between the metering units and the lubrication points. From flexible hoses to very strong steel pipes. Groeneveld has the correct line for each and every application.
The pump has an integrated electronic control unit, with internal memory and real-timer clock. Direct connection to the machine's CAN-bus is possible.
In order to check the operation of the system, the driver or operator does not have to leave the cabin. Error messages are displayed on the in-cab display. In addition to extra comfort for the operator or driver, this also means that error messages are noticed immediately. Thanks to the error codes that the in-cab display provides, it is possible to diagnose the system easily and quickly, making remote assistance possible.
Metering units and distribution blocks
Thanks to the wide range of metering units (13 types with an output between 0.025 and 4.0 cc), each lubrication point will get exactly the pre-set correct amount of grease. By default, both the metering units and distribution blocks are made of solid brass.
Stainless steel metering units and distribution blocks
The unique Groeneveld metering units and distribution blocks are also available in stainless steel.
A Twin automatic lubrication system consists of the following components:
- Pump unit
- Grease line A
- Grease line B
- Distribution block
- Metering units
- Pressure switch
- Grease lines from the metering units to the individual lubrication points
Twin quick tip movies
Below you will find instruction movies for the most common service tasks to perform on the Twin automatic lubrication system. Furthermore, you will also find technical documentation at the end of this page.
Twin - Changing the filter and filling the pump
Thanks to the follower plate it is easy to fill the Twin with GreenLube grease. Simply connect the feedline of the GreenLube filling station to the filler coupling of the Twin and start pumping. On this webpage you will find more information about our GreenLube grease.
Twin - Troubleshooting error codes
This quick tip video covers the most common error codes and explains how to easily solve the problems.
Twin - Pressure testing the system
This video covers ways to properly pressure test the Groeneveld Twin and steps to take if there are fault codes on your display.
Twin - Bleeding the system
To remove eventual air bubles in the system you need to bleed the system. This movie explains how to bleed the Twin system.
Twin - Changing injectors and o rings
It can happen that some lubrication points need more or less grease. In this video you will learn how to change the metering unit in order to finetune of grease output per lubrication point.
Click here to go to the Groeneveld Portal for extensive technical and commercial documentation.