Twin Barrel Pump
Heavy-duty NLGI-2 automatic lubrication system
A Twin Barrel Pump system - with a reservoir of up to 200 litres - is the perfect solution for automatic lubrication of the largest earthmoving and mining equipment.
The main benefits at a glance
- Specifically developed for demanding applications under severe circumstances
- Thanks to the parallel operation with two lines, an optimum lubrication of all lubrication points is achieved
- Suitable for a large number of lubrication points and long line lenghts
- Grease output and grease dosing independent of ambient temperature and grease viscosity
- Thanks to the low work pressure, the quality of the grease is preserved
- The unique metering units ensure an exact and adjustable amount of grease per lubrication point
- The follower plate will ensure that all the grease in the reservoir is used and that oxidation is prevented, so that the quality of the grease is not affected
- Filler coupling with filter in order to prevent contamination of the grease during filling
- Easy to extend to grippers, excavation buckets and other equipment pieces through quick couplers
- Equipped with an in-cab display for monitoring the performances and selecting the interval modes (light, normal and heavy duty) and test cycle
- Corrosion resistant thanks to unique brass metering units and distribution blocks
- Provided with a pressure switch in the main line system, as a result of which a break in the line is immediately detected
The Twin Barrel Pump is suitable for many applications. A number of possible applications are shown below. You are welcome to contact Groeneveld for tailored advice.
Learn more about the Twin Barrel Pump
Fill in the form to get in touch with Groeneveld about the Twin Barrel Pump. We will contact you as soon as possible.
After activation of the pump, grease is pumped to the distribution blocks. Metering units with a parallel operation, mounted on the distribution blocks, send the exact pre-set amount of grease to the lubrication points via the secondary lines.
The grease delivery per lubrication point is determined by the type and number of metering units used. Due to the availability of 13 different metering units, the amount of grease can be optimally adjusted to the specific lubrication point. By default, both the metering units and distribution blocks are made of solid brass. The unique Groeneveld metering units and divider blocks are also available in stainless steel.
The pump is equipped with a follower plate. This will ensure that all the grease is used (no funneling effect), the grease is isolated from dirt, dust and water and the ageing process of the grease is slowed down, UV radiation has less effect, allowing the use of biodegradable grease.
The secondary lines create the connection between the metering units and the lubrication points. From flexible hoses to very strong steel pipes. Groeneveld offers the correct tubing for each application. In order to ensure that the grease immediately reaches the lubrication point in the first lubrication cycle, the line is filled with grease before or immediately after installation.
The pomp has a high quality control unit. This control unit is able to connect the pump to the CAN-bus circuit of the machine or vehicle and also has an internal memory and real-timer clock, allowing extensive diagnoses.
In order to check the operation of the system, the driver or operator does not have to leave the cabin. Error messages are displayed on the in-cab display. In addition to extra comfort for the operator or driver, this also means that error messages are noticed immediately. Thanks to the error codes that the in-cab display provides, it is possible to diagnose the system easily and quickly, making remote assistance possible.
Metering units and distribution blocks
The type and number of metering units used will determine the amount of grease per lubrication point. Thanks to the availability of 13 different metering units, the amount of grease can be optimally adjusted to the specific lubrication point. By default, both the metering units and distribution blocks are made of solid brass.
Stainless steel metering units and distribution blocks
The unique Groeneveld metering units and distribution blocks are also available in stainless steel.
A Groeneveld Twin barrel pump lubrication system is usually comprised of the following components:
- External reservoir or grease drum
- Filling indicator (only in combination with a refillable external drum)
- Inspection panel (only in combination with a refillable external drum)
- Electric drum pump
- Pressure switch
- Metering unit
- Distribution block
- Main grease line A
- Main grease line B
- Twin device
- Return line
- Pressure line
- Cable for the pump motor and the minimum-level switch
- Overflow pipe (only in combination with a refillable external drum)
- Filling coupling (only in combination with a refillable external drum)
Click here to continue to the Groeneveld Portal for extensive technical and commercial documentation.