Heavy-duty NLGI-2 automatic lubrication system
Twin XL is a dual-line automatic lubrication system offering the perfect solution for automatic lubrication of larger machines used in earthmoving and mining, that are often used under extreme conditions.
The main benefits at a glance
- Specifically developed for demanding applications under severe circumstances
- Thanks to the parallel operation with two lines, an optimum lubrication of all lubrication points is achieved
- Suitable for a large number of lubrication points and long line lenghts
- Grease output and grease dosing independent of ambient temperature and grease viscosity
- Thanks to the low work pressure, the quality of the grease is preserved
- The unique metering units ensure an exact and adjustable amount of grease per lubrication point
- The follower plate will ensure that all the grease in the reservoir is used and that oxidation is prevented, so the quality of grease is not affected
- Filler coupling with filter in order to prevent contamination of the grease during filling
- Easy to extend to grippers, excavation buckets and other equipment pieces through quick couplers
- Equipped with an in-cab display for monitoring the performances and selecting the interval modes (light, normal and heavy duty) and test cycle
- Corrosion resistant thanks to unique brass metering units and distribution blocks
- Provided with a pressure switch in the main line system, as a result of which a break in the line is immediately detected
The Twin XL is suitable for many applications. A number of possible applications are shown below. You are welcome to contact Groeneveld for tailored advice.
Learn more about the Twin XL
Fill in the form to get in touch with Groeneveld about the Twin XL. We will contact you as soon as possible.
After activation of the pump, grease is pumped to the distribution blocks. Metering units with a parallel operation, mounted on the distribution blocks, send the exact pre-set amount of grease to the lubrication points via the secondary lines.
The grease delivery per lubrication point is determined by the type and number of metering units used. Due to the selection of 13 different metering units, the amount of grease can be optimally adjusted to the specific lubrication point. By default, both the metering units and distribution blocks are made of solid brass. The unique Groeneveld metering units and distribution blocks are also available in stainless steel.
The pump is equipped with a follower plate. This will ensure that all the grease is used (no funneling effect), the grease is isolated from dirt, dust and water and the ageing process of the grease is slowed down, UV radiation has less effect, allowing the use of biodegradable grease.
The secondary lines create the connection between the metering units and the lubrication points. From flexible hoses to very strong steel pipes. Groeneveld offers the correct tubing for each application. In order to ensure that the grease immediately reaches the lubrication point in the first lubrication cycle, the line is filled with grease before or immediately after installation.
The pump has a high quality control unit. This control unit is able to connect the pump to the CAN-bus circuit of the machine or vehicle and also has an internal memory and real-timer clock, allowing extensive diagnoses.
In order to check the status of the system, the driver or operator does not have to leave the cabin. Error messages are not displayed on the pump, but on the in-cab display. In addition to extra comfort for the operator or driver, this also means that error messages are noticed immediately. Thanks to the error codes that the in-cab display provides, it is possible to diagnose the system easily and quickly, making remote assistance possible. In this way, unplanned downtime is limited to a minimum.
Metering units and distribution blocks
The type and number of metering units used will determine the amount of grease per lubrication point. Thanks to the availability of 13 different metering units, the amount of grease can be optimally adjusted to the specific lubrication point. By default, both the metering units and distribution blocks are made of solid brass.
Stainless steel metering units and distribution blocks
The unique Groeneveld metering units and distribution blocks are also available in stainless steel.
A Twin XL automatic lubrication system consists of the following components:
- Grease reservoir and pump unit
- Electrical connection
- Pressure switch
- Primary grease line A
- Primary grease line B
- Distribution block
- Metering unit
- Secondary grease lines to the individual lubrication points
- Connection to the lubrication point