Forestry is rough seasonal work, where weather conditions often cause additional time pressure. Moreover, the work frequently takes place in remote areas. Therefore, operational reliability is essential. Unplanned downtime is deadly when it comes to healthy operations. The automatic maintenance and safety support systems of Groeneveld have proven to be very useful in this demanding sector. Such as automatic lubrication for wheel loaders, cranes, harvesters and forwarders, for which heavy duty systems are developed.
Automatically lubricates better
Manual lubrication of pins and bushes, for example, is not only dirty and unpleasant work, it also takes time. Time during which the machine should be in operation to make money. Because in the end it is all about profitability. oreover, during manual lubrication it is more difficult for the grease to reach the surfaces to be lubricated, resulting in extra wear. Automatic lubrication with a Groeneveld system is the solution and offers major benefits:
- Frequent automatic lubrication while the machine is in operation, will reduce wear and will save time and money
- This will result in a longer life span of the lubricated components, which means less costs and downtime due to repair and maintenance and. . .
- A higher residual value
- Up to 50% less grease consumption due to optimum dosing
- The grease will spread out better across the surface to be lubricated, due to the fact that lubrication takes place while the machine is in operation
- Because the grease is applied in small amounts and with a regular interval, a grease collar is created around the pivot point, as a result of which dirt and water are kept out, also during high-pressure cleaning
Summarised: less repair and maintenance costs, a lower grease consumption through optimum dosing and a higher uptime of the machines.
The following Groeneveld automatic lubrication systems are highly suitable for an effective lubrication of all forestry equipment:
Get in touch with Groeneveld
Reduce risks, enhance safety
Groeneveld's Greensight obstacle detection and camera systems offer an excellent solution to increase safety. The main benefits at a glance:
- Ultrasonic acoustic warning system
- Improved safety around the machine
- Less risk of damage and personal injury
- Increased uptime
- No information overload for the operator
- Fully integrated and modular system
- Fully adjustable to the application and the customer's wishes
- Expandable with the unique Smart alarm, the sound level of which will be automatically adapted to the ambient noise
Greensight obstacle detection system
Greensight is available as an obstacle detection system, as a camera system and as a combination of both. The implementation of ultrasound allows the system to detect obstacles in the pre-set zones very accurately. The detection area consists of three zones, each with its own level of attention. The system can also be expanded with sensors either on the side or on top of the machine. As soon as an obstacle is detected, an acoustic signal is sounded for the operator in the cabin. Then, he will be able to see on the display in which zone the obstacle is located. This means that the operator and will be able to fully concentrate on his work and will be warned as soon as a person or object enters the detection area.
The Greensight system can be set up modularly. Moreover, it is an integrated solution that can be adapted to the application perfectly. Because every application will impose different requirements on a safety system. The detection areas can also be adjusted as desired after it has been put into operation. All of the components shown below can be individually connected to the control unit.
1. Control unit
The control unit is the core of each Greensight system. For smaller systems Groeneveld supplies a control unit with six connections, for larger systems a control unit with 15 connections is available. On this basis, each system can be built up modularly.
The basic components of the Greensight detection system are the two sensors on the rear of the vehicle. The compact sensors detect objects that have a diameter larger than 75 mm. The in-cab display warns the driver through light and acoustic signals.
3. Additional sensors
To expand the obstacle detection system, sensors are available to mount on top or on the sides of the vehicle. This enlarges the detection area of the vehicle.
4. Camera system
The obstacle detection system can be expanded with the Groeneveld camera system, which can also function independently.
5. Smart alarm
The Greensight ultrasonic safety system warns the driver through acoustic and light signals. By expanding the system with the Smart alarm, people close to the vehicle are also warned as soon as Greensight observes them or an obstacle. Only then the smart alarm is activated, it is not standard while reversing. Thus an acoustic signal is given only when it is necessary, warning bystanders to stay alert. The volume of the Smart alarm automatically adapts to the ambient noise.
Greensight camera system
In addition to the ultrasonic detection system, Groeneveld supplies a high quality camera system, which can significantly improve visibility for the operator. This is a solution for blind spots. Four cameras can be connected to the monitor, with all four of the camera images able to be displayed in a split screen. The Groeneveld camera system can be used stand alone, or as a supplement to the Greensight ultrasonic detection system. A combination that significantly improves safety, while increasing the comfort of the operator as well.
- Clear and sharp images
- No condensation and frost issues due to automatically heated lens surface
- Possible expansion up to four cameras
- CAN-bus connectivity prepared
- High sensitivity at 0.025 lux (good visibility with little light)
- Switches easily between different camera images
The following safety systems will effectively increase the safety of forestry operations:
Get in touch with Groeneveld
Always the correct level of oil
Groeneveld's Oilmaster oil management system ensures that the oil is always at an optimum level. Checking the oil level manually, is a thing of the past. This will not only save time, but will also prevent engine damage with all its costly and time consuming consequences. The Oilmaster offers the following benefits:
- No need to check the oil level and fill the oil manually - pure time gain
- Always the optimum oil level and correct oil specification
- No engine damage as a result of an insufficient amount of oil in the engine
- Less downtime as a result of repair and maintenance
- Less risk of damaging expensive exhaust gas after treatment systems
- Lower oil consumption
- No risk of increased fuel consumption due to overfilling
- Less oil required during oil change
- Lower costs
The oil level in the engine is measured via a sensor. If the oil level drops below a pre-defined level, the Oilmaster will automatically fill half a litre of oil, independent of temperature and viscosity. Information about the amount of oil added is stored in the internal memory and can be used to perform preventive maintenance.
The Oilmaster oil management system consists of the following components:
- Oil reservoir
- Pump unit
- Control light
- Sump plug
- Oil level sensor
The Oilmaster is available in a standard and heavy duty version: