All over the world, the challenges are the same. Ever expanding global goods flows drive the need for increased efficiency, productivity and safety. It’s a race without a finish. With continuity of the operation as the overriding theme. Here, Groeneveld plays an important role with its automatic lubrication, oil management and safety support systems.
Automatically lubricates better
It is hard to imagine container handling equipment without automatic lubrication systems. Particularly in this sector, optimal lubrication is of the greatest importance to prevent excessive wear of pins and bushings and to keep dirt, dust and water out. Moreover, for safety reasons there is a clear trend to perform as little maintenance work on site as possible. For that reason, automatic lubrication is used more and more on spreaders, reach stackers, empty container handlers, cranes, automated guided vehicles and terminal tractors. Automatic lubrication with the Groeneveld automatic lubrication system offers many benefits:
- Frequent automatic lubrication while the machine is in operation, will reduce wear and will save time and money
- This will result in a longer life span of the lubricated components, which means less costs and downtime due to repair and maintenance and. . .
- A higher residual value
- Up to 50% less grease consumption due to optimum dosing
- The grease will spread out much more easily across the surface to be lubricated, due to the fact that lubrication takes place while the machine is in operation
- Because the grease is applied in small amounts and with a regular interval, a grease collar is created around the pivot point, as a result of which dirt and water are kept out, also during high-pressure cleaning
Summarised: less repair and maintenance costs, a lower grease consumption through optimum dosing and a higher uptime of the port equipment.
The following Groeneveld automatic lubrication systems are highly suitable for port equipment:
Download the Port Equipment segment brochure
Reduce riks, enhance safety
The highest priority for terminal and port operators is safety. This also applies to the companies that work in ports and cargo traffic. With the large number of machines that work on port grounds, in order to direct the huge streams of containers and goods, guaranteeing safety is a continuous challenge. Groeneveld's Greensight obstacle detection and camera systems offer an excellent solution for increasing safety. The main benefits at a glance:
- Ultrasonic acoustic warning system
- Improved safety around the container handling equipment
- Less risk of damage and personal injury
- Increased uptime
- No information overload for the operator
- Fully integrated and modular system
- Fully adjustable to the application and the customer's wishes
- Expandable with the unique Smart alarm, the sound level of which will be automatically adapted to the ambient noise
Greensight obstacle detection system
Greensight is available as an obstacle detection system, as a camera system and as a combination of both. The implementation of ultrasound allows the system to detect obstacles in the pre-set zones very accurately. The detection area consists of three zones, each with its own level of attention. The system can also be expanded with sensors either on the side or on top of the equipment. As soon as an obstacle is detected, an acoustic signal is sounded for the operator in the cabin. Then, he will be able to see on the display in which zone the obstacle is located. This means that the operator will be able to fully concentrate on his work and will be warned as soon as a person or object enters the detection area.
Obstacle detection at the rear of a reach stacker. As a result, the operator can focus his attention on the container.
The Greensight system can be set up modularly. Moreover, it is an integrated solution that can be adapted to the application perfectly. As a terminal tractor will impose different requirements on a safety system than a straddle carrier. The detection areas can also be adjusted as desired after it has been put into operation. All of the components shown below can be individually connected to the operating unit.
1. Control unit
The control unit is the core of each Greensight system. For smaller systems we supply an control unit with six connections, and for larger systems an control unit with 15 connections is available. On this basis, each system can be built up modularly.
The basic components of the Greensight detection system are the two sensors on the rear of the bus or coach. The compact sensors detect objects that have a diameter larger than 75 mm. The in-cab display warns the operator through light and acoustic signals.
3. Additional sensors
To expand the obstacle detection system, sensors are available to mount on top or on the sides of the bus or coach. This enlarges the detection area of the vehicle.
4. Camera system
The obstacle detection system can be expanded with the Groeneveld camera system, which can also work independently.
5. Smart alarm
The Greensight ultrasonic safety system warns the driver through acoustic and light signals. By expanding the system with the Smart alarm, people close to the vehicle are also warned as soon as Greensight observes them or an obstacle. Only then the smart alarm is being activated; it is not standard while reversing. Thus an acoustic signal is given only when it is necessary, warning bystanders to stay alert. The volume of the Smart alarm is automatically adapted to the amount of noise in the area.
Greensight camera system
In addition to the ultrasonic detection system, Groeneveld supplies a high quality camera system, which can significantly improve visibility for the operator. This is a solution for blind spots. Four cameras can be connected to the monitor, with all four of the camera images able to be displayed in a split screen. The Groeneveld camera system can be used stand alone, or as a supplement to the Greensight ultrasonic detection system. A combination that significantly improves safety, while increasing the comfort of the operator as well.
- Clear and sharp images
- No condensation and frost issues due to automatically heated lens surface
- Possible expansion up to four cameras
- CAN-bus connectivity prepared
- High sensitivity at 0.025 lux (good visibility with little light)
- Switches easily between different camera images
To prevent accidents as a result of too high velocities, Groeneveld's Speedlimiter can restrain the driving speed of your equipment. This system is able to limit both speed and RPM. The Speedlimiter is available as an electronic and mechanical version. A great benefit of the Groeneveld Speedlimiter is the possibility to set up a second speed limitation. If necessary, this can be connected to a height sensor, as a result of which a lower end speed is used inside than outdoors. Using the Speedlimiter will give you the following benefits:
- Increased safety
- Improved uptime
- Less damage
- Lower operational costs
The following safety systems will effectively increase the safety of port equipment:
Download the Port Equipment segment brochure
Always the correct level of oil
Groeneveld's Oilmaster oil management system ensures that the oil is always at an optimum level. Checking the oil level manually, is a thing of the past. This will not only save time, it will also prevent engine damage with all its costly and time consuming consequences. The Oilmaster offers the following benefits:
- No need to check the oil level and fill the oil manually - pure time gain and ease on the road
- Always the optimum oil level and correct oil specification
- No engine damage as a result of an insufficient amount of oil in the engine
- Less downtime as a result of repair and maintenance
- Less risk of damaging expensive exhaust gas after treatment systems
- Lower oil consumption
- No risk of increased fuel consumption due to overfilling
- Less oil required during oil change
- Lower costs
The oil level in the engine is measured via a sensor. If the oil level drops below a pre-defined level, the Oilmaster will automatically fill half a litre of oil, independent of temperature and viscosity. Information about the amount of oil added is stored in the internal memory and can be used to perform preventive maintenance.
The Oilmaster oil management system consists of the following components:
- Oil reservoir
- Pump unit
- Control light
- Sump plug
- Oil level sensor
The Oilmaster is available in a standard and heavy duty version: