Transport & Logistics
For more than 47 years, Groeneveld is leading in the field of efficiency and safety increasing systems for the transport and logistics sector. Whether it comes to automatic lubrication systems, safety support systems or automatic oil management, Groeneveld offers a customised solution for any application in the field of transport and logistics.
Automatically lubricates better
Manual lubrication of pivots, spring pins, loading cranes or fifth wheels, for example, is not only dirty and unpleasant work, it also takes time. Time during which the truck and trailer should be in operation to make money. Because in the end it is all about profitability. Moreover, during manual lubrication it is more difficult for the grease to reach the surfaces to be lubricated, resulting in extra wear. Automatic lubrication with a Groeneveld system is the solution and offers major benefits:
- Frequent automatic lubrication while the vehicle is in operation, will reduce wear and will save time and money
- This will result in a longer life span of the lubricated components, which means less costs and downtime due to repair and maintenance and. . .
- A higher residual value
- Up to 50% less grease consumption due to optimum dosing
- The grease will spread out better across the surface to be lubricated, due to the fact that lubrication takes place while the vehicle is in operation
- Because the grease is applied in small amounts and with a regular interval, a grease collar is created around the pivot point, as a result of which dirt and water are kept out, also during high-pressure cleaning
Summarised: less repair and maintenance costs, a lower grease consumption through optimum dosing and a higher uptime of the vehicles.
The following Groeneveld automatic lubrication systems are highly suitable for use in the transport sector:
Download the Transport & Logistics segment brochure
Get in touch with Groeneveld
Reduce risks, enhance safety
Groeneveld's Greensight obstacle detection and camera systems offer an excellent solution to increase safety. The main benefits at a glance:
- Ultrasonic acoustic warning system
- Improved safety around the truck or trailer
- Less risk of damage and personal injury
- Increased uptime
- No information overload for the driver
- Fully integrated and modular system
- Fully adjustable to the application and the customer's wishes
- Expandable with the unique Smart alarm, the sound level of which will be automatically adapted to the ambient noise
Greensight obstacle detection system
Greensight is available as an obstacle detection system, as a camera system and as a combination of both. The implementation of ultrasound allows the system to detect obstacles in the pre-set zones very accurately. The detection area consists of three zones, each with its own level of attention. The system can also be expanded with sensors either on the side or on top of the truck. As soon as an obstacle is detected, an acoustic signal is sounded for the driver in the cabin. Then, he will be able to see on the display in which zone the obstacle is located. This means that the driver will be able to fully concentrate on his work and will be warned as soon as a person or object enters the detection area.
Warning lights for stand-alone application. This system is fully integrated in the trailer and works without an additional Greensight system on the truck. Connection to a truck equipped with a Greensight system is possible (see the system overview below).
The Greensight system can be set up modularly. Moreover, it is an integrated solution that can be adapted to the application perfectly. A truck will impose different requirements on a safety system than a trailer. The detection areas can also be adjusted as desired after it has been put into operation. All of the components shown below can be individually connected to the control unit.
1. Control unit
The control unit is the core of each Greensight system. For smaller systems Groeneveld supplies a control unit with six connections, for larger systems a control unit with 15 connections is available. On this basis, each system can be built up modularly.
The basic components of the Greensight detection system are the two sensors on the rear of the vehicle. The compact sensors detect objects that have a diameter larger than 75 mm. The in-cab display warns the driver through light and acoustic signals.
3. Additional sensors
To expand the obstacle detection system, sensors are available to mount on top or on the sides of the vehicle. This enlarges the detection area of the vehicle.
4. Camera system
The obstacle detection system can be expanded with the Groeneveld camera system, which can also function independently.
5. Smart alarm
The Greensight ultrasonic safety system warns the driver through acoustic and light signals. By expanding the system with the Smart alarm, people close to the vehicle are also warned as soon as Greensight observes them or an obstacle. Only then the smart alarm is activated, it is not standard while reversing. Thus an acoustic signal is given only when it is necessary, warning bystanders to stay alert. The volume of the Smart alarm automatically adapts to the ambient noise.
6. Warning lights
Warning lights for stand-alone application.
Greensight camera system
In addition to the ultrasonic detection system, Groeneveld supplies a high quality camera system, which can significantly improve visibility for the driver. This is a solution for blind spots. Four cameras can be connected to the monitor, with all four of the camera images able to be displayed in a split screen. The Groeneveld camera system can be used stand alone, or as a supplement to the Greensight ultrasonic detection system. A combination that significantly improves safety, while increasing the comfort of the driver as well.
- Clear and sharp images
- No condensation and frost issues due to automatically heated lens surface
- Possible expansion up to four cameras
- CAN-bus connectivity prepared
- High sensitivity at 0.025 lux (good visibility with little light)
- Switches easily between different camera images
The following safety systems will effectively increase the safety of trucks and / or trailers:
Get in touch with Groeneveld
Always the correct level of oil
Groeneveld's Oilmaster oil management system ensures that the oil is always at an optimum level. Checking the oil level manually, is a thing of the past. This will not only save time, it will also prevent engine damage with all its costly and time consuming consequences. The Oilmaster offers the following benefits:
- No need to check the oil level and fill the oil manually - pure time gain and ease on the road
- Always the optimum oil level and correct oil specification
- No engine damage as a result of an insufficient amount of oil in the engine
- Less downtime as a result of repair and maintenance
- Less risk of damaging expensive exhaust gas after treatment systems
- Lower oil consumption
- No risk of increased fuel consumption due to overfilling
- Less oil required during oil change
- Lower costs
The oil level in the engine is measured via a sensor. If the oil level drops below a pre-defined level, the Oilmaster will automatically fill half a litre of oil, independent of temperature and viscosity. Information about the amount of oil added is stored in the internal memory and can be used to perform preventive maintenance.
The Oilmaster oil management system consists of the following components:
- Oil reservoir
- Pump unit
- Control light
- Sump plug
- Oil level sensor
The Oilmaster is available as a standard version and as a HD version: