Wind turbine greasing
For a wind farm, only the best lubrication system is good enough. Zero-tolerance for errors as one lubrication related failure could put a wind turbine in safety mode. With all costly consequences. Especially in remote areas, a service call is inadmissible. Therefore, an automatic lubrication system has to check many boxes in order to be a perfect solution. The Twin heavy-duty system meets these extensive demands. Groeneveld offers the fully engineered Twin system in combination with all necessary components required for automatic greasing of a wind turbine.
Automatically lubricates better
In a wind turbine the yaw bearing, generator, pitch bearing raceways, open gears and main bearing have to be lubricated automatically. The Groeneveld Twin heavy-duty system is the perfect solution for all of these applications. Automatic lubrication with the Groeneveld Twin offers major benefits:
- A longer life span of the lubricated components, which means less costs and downtime due to repair and maintenance
- In bearings and gears the grease will spread out better across the surface to be lubricated, due to the fact that lubrication takes place while the turbine is in operation
- Because the grease is applied in small amounts and with a short interval, a grease collar or film is created around the pivot point or over the surface that has to be lubricated, as a result of which dirt and moisture are kept out
- No risk of blown out seals thanks to lubrication with small quantities and short intervals
Summarised: less repair and maintenance costs, a lower grease consumption through optimum dosing and a higher uptime of the wind turbine.
Wind turbine components subject to lubrication
Why Groeneveld greasing for a wind turbine?
Of course, maintenance is possible on a wind turbine. So does maintenance on an automatic lubrication system. However, to go to the wind turbine only for maintenance or repair to an autolube system is a no-go. With the proven reliability of the Twin heavy-duty system, you can be sure regular maintenance will do the trick for a problem-free and long lifespan..
- Thanks to the relatively low work pressure, Twin has an extremely long life span and the quality of the grease is preserved
- High quality metering units and distribution blocks without moving parts and with a service life of at least 25 year
Groeneveld does not only provide the lubrication system, but also additional equipment. For proper greasing of an open gear, Groeneveld offers a greasing sponge. Fed by an automatic lubrication system, the sponge applies the grease equally to the open gear. In this way over and under greasing are prevented.
Timken is a leading-edge producer of bearings, inter alia for wind turbine. Therefore, Groeneveld has access to all necessary technical details of turbine bearings. Knowing the grease demands of the main moving components, Groeneveld offers an unmatched, tailor-made lubrication solution.
Learn more about the Twin
Click on the product image below to visit the Twin product page to learn more about this fully engineered solution.
Download the Wind Turbine segment brochure
- Wind segment brochure English (3,306.09 KB)