Forestry is rough seasonal work and weather conditions can cause unplanned downtime. This work frequently takes place in remote areas where operational reliability is essential. Groeneveld automatic maintenance and safety support systems have proven to be very useful in this demanding sector. Wheel loaders, cranes, harvesters and forwarders can all be efficiently lubricated with Groeneveld Products.
Automatically lubricates better
Manual lubrication of pins and bushes, for example, is not only dirty and unpleasant work, it also takes time. Time during which the machine should be in operation to make money. Because in the end it is all about profitability. oreover, during manual lubrication it is more difficult for the grease to reach the surfaces to be lubricated, resulting in extra wear. Here are the benefits:
- Frequent automatic lubrication while the machine is in operation, will reduce wear and will save time and money
- Longer life span of lubricated components
- Less costs and downtime
- Higher residual value
- Up to 50% less grease consumption due to optimum dosing
- Grease spreads better across the surface because lubrication takes place while the machine is in operation
- Grease is applied in small amounts at regular intervals
- A grease collar is created around the pivot point (dirt and water are kept out, also during high-pressure cleaning)
The following Groeneveld automatic lubrication systems are highly suitable for an effective lubrication of all forestry equipment:
Get in touch with Groeneveld
Reduce risks, enhance safety
Groeneveld's Greensight obstacle detection and camera systems offer an excellent solution to increase safety. Here are the benefits:
- Ultrasonic acoustic warning system
- Improved safety around the machine
- Less risk of damage and personal injury
- Increased uptime
- No information overload for the operator
- Fully integrated and modular system
- Fully adjustable to the application and the customer's wishes
- Expandable with the unique Smart alarm, the sound level of which will be automatically adapted to the ambient noise
Greensight obstacle detection system
Greensight is available as an obstacle detection system, as a camera system and as a combination of both. The implementation of ultrasound allows the system to detect obstacles in the pre-set zones very accurately. The detection area consists of three zones, each with its own level of attention. The system can also be expanded with sensors either on the side or on top of the machine. As soon as an obstacle is detected, an acoustic signal is sounded for the operator in the cabin. Then, he will be able to see on the display in which zone the obstacle is located. This means that the operator and will be able to fully concentrate on his work and will be warned as soon as a person or object enters the detection area.
The Greensight system can be set up modularly. Moreover, it is an integrated solution that can be adapted to the application perfectly. Because every application will impose different requirements on a safety system. The detection areas can also be adjusted as desired after it has been put into operation. All of the components shown below can be individually connected to the control unit.
1. Control unit
The control unit is the core of each Greensight system. For smaller systems Groeneveld supplies a control unit with six connections, for larger systems a control unit with 15 connections is available (Each system can be built modularly).
Basic components of the Greensight detection system are the two sensors on the rear of the vehicle. The compact sensors detect objects that have a diameter larger than 75 mm. The in-cab display warns the driver through light and acoustic signals.
3. Additional sensors
To expand the obstacle detection system, sensors are available to mount on top or sides of the vehicle: this enlarges the detection area of the vehicle.
4. Camera system
The obstacle detection system can be expanded with the Groeneveld camera system, which can also function independently.
5. Smart alarm
The Greensight ultrasonic safety system warns the driver with acoustic and light signals. By expanding the system with the Smart alarm, people close to the vehicle are also warned as soon as Greensight observes them or an obstacle. An acoustic signal is given only when necessary, warning bystanders to stay alert. The volume of the Smart alarm automatically adapts to ambient noise.
Greensight camera system
In addition to the ultrasonic detection system, Groeneveld supplies a high quality camera system, which improves visibility for the operator. This is a great solution for blind spots: four cameras can be connected to the monitor, with the images able to be displayed on a split screen. The Groeneveld camera system can be used stand alone, or as a supplement to the Greensight ultrasonic detection system. This is a combination that significantly improves safety, while increasing operator comfort.
- Clear, sharp images
- No condensation and frost issues due to automatically heated lens surface
- Optional expansion up to four cameras
- CAN-bus connectivity prepared
- High sensitivity at 0.025 lux (good visibility with little light)
- Switches easily between different camera images
The following safety systems will effectively increase the safety of forestry operations:
Get in touch with Groeneveld
Always the correct level of oil
Oilmaster ensures that oil is always at an optimum level. This saves time and prevents engine damage (costly and time consuming). Oilmaster offers the following benefits:
- No need to check the oil level and fill the oil manually
- Always the optimum oil level and correct oil specification
- No engine damage as a result of an insufficient amount of oil in the engine
- Less downtime as a result of repair and maintenance
- Less risk of damaging expensive exhaust gas after treatment systems
- Lower oil consumption
- No risk of increased fuel consumption due to overfilling
- Less oil required during oil change
- Lower costs
Oil levels in the engine are measured with a sensor. If oil levels drop below a pre-defined level, the Oilmaster will fill the engine with half a litre of oil, regardless of temperature and viscosity. Information about the amount of oil added is stored in the internal memory and can be used to perform preventive maintenance.
The Oilmaster oil management system consists of the following components:
- Oil reservoir
- Pump unit
- Control light
- Sump plug
- Oil level sensor
The Oilmaster is available in a standard and heavy duty version: