Mining is an incredibly demanding off-road segment with loads, temperatures and equipment working at high intensities. Productivity and uptime are at their best with Groeneveld systems.
Automatically lubricates better
In mining, optimal lubrication is key to prevent excessive wear and tear of pins and bushings (keeps out dirt, dust and water). Groeneveld's heavy duty automatic lubrication systems are equipped with extremely strong lines and extra-large reservoirs in order to meet demands for lubrication. Groeneveld automatic lubrication systems offer a number of important benefits:
- Automatic lubrication while the machine is in operation, reduces wear while saving time and money
- Longer life span of lubricated components
- Higher residual value
- Less grease consumption with optimum dosing
- Grease spreads better across the surface because lubrication takes place while the machine is in operation
- Grease is applied in small amounts at regular intervals, leaving a grease collar around the pivot point.
- Dirt and water are kept out (also during high-pressure cleaning)
The following Groeneveld automatic lubrication systems are highly suitable for use in the demanding circumstances of mining:
Get in touch with Groeneveld
Reduce risks, increase safety
In mining, safety is the highest priority: dump trucks arrive and leave rapidly; excavators and wheel loaders work non-stop. Mining operations revolve around productivity, and safety (a continuous challenge). Our obstacle detection and camera systems is an excellent solution for increasing safety. Here are the benefits:
- Ultrasonic acoustic warning system
- Improved safety around the machine
- Less risk of damage and personal injury
- Increased uptime
- No information overload for the operator
- Fully integrated and modular system
- Fully adjustable to the application and the customer's wishes
- Expandable with the unique Smart alarm, the sound level of which will be automatically adapted to the ambient noise
Greensight obstacle detection system
Greensight is available as an obstacle detection system, camera system (combination of both). Ultrasound allows the system to detect obstacles in the pre-set zones accurately. Detection areas are comprised of three zones, each with its own area of focus. The system can also be expanded with sensors on the side or top of the machine. When an obstacle is detected, an acoustic signal sounds for the operator in the cabin. The display then shows the zone where the obstacle is located. With this system, the operator will have the confidence to concentrate on his work because the system detects when a person or object enters the area.
Greensight can be set up modularly and is an integrated solution that can be adapted to many applications. A wheel loader has requirements for detection system than a dump truck or bulldozer. The detection areas can be adjusted at any time. All of the components shown below can be individually connected to the control unit.
1. Control unit
The control unit is the core of each Greensight system. For smaller systems Groeneveld supplies a control unit with six connections, for larger systems a control unit with 15 connections is available. On this basis, each system can be built up modularly.
The basic components of the Greensight detection system are the two sensors on the rear of the vehicle. The compact sensors detect objects that have a diameter larger than 75 mm. The in-cab display warns the driver through light and acoustic signals.
3. Additional sensors
To expand the obstacle detection system, sensors are available to mount on top or on the sides of the vehicle. This enlarges the detection area of the vehicle.
4. Camera system
The obstacle detection system can be expanded with the Groeneveld camera system, which can also function independently.
5. Smart alarm
The Greensight ultrasonic safety system warns the driver through acoustic and light signals. By expanding the system with the Smart alarm, people close to the vehicle are also warned as soon as Greensight observes them or an obstacle. Only then the smart alarm is activated, it is not standard while reversing. Thus an acoustic signal is given only when it is necessary, warning bystanders to stay alert. The volume of the Smart alarm automatically adapts to the ambient noise.
Greensight camera system
In addition to the ultrasonic detection system, Groeneveld supplies a high quality camera system, which can significantly improve visibility for the operator. This is a solution for blind spots. Four cameras can be connected to the monitor, with all four of the camera images able to be displayed in a split screen. The Groeneveld camera system can be used stand alone, or as a supplement to the Greensight ultrasonic detection system. A combination that significantly improves safety, while increasing the comfort of the operator as well.
- Clear and sharp images
- No condensation and frost issues due to automatically heated lens surface
- Possible expansion up to four cameras
- CAN-bus connectivity prepared
- High sensitivity at 0.025 lux (good visibility with little light)
- Switches easily between different camera images
The following safety systems will effectively increase safety in mining:
Get in touch with Groeneveld
Always the correct level of oil
Groeneveld's Oilmaster oil management system ensures that the oil is always at an optimum level. Checking the oil level manually, is a thing of the past. This will not only save time, itwill also prevent engine damage with all its costly and time consuming consequences. The Oilmaster offers the following benefits:
- No need to check the oil level and fill the oil manually
- Always the optimum oil level and correct oil specification
- No engine damage as a result of an insufficient amount of oil in the engine
- Less downtime as a result of repair and maintenance
- Less risk of damaging expensive exhaust gas after treatment systems
- Lower oil consumption
- No risk of an increased fuel consumption due to overfilling
- Less oil required during oil change
- Lower costs
The oil level in the engine is measured via a sensor. If the oil level drops below a pre-defined level, the Oilmaster will automatically fill half a litre of oil, independent of temperature and viscosity. Information about the amount of oil added is stored in the internal memory and can be used to perform preventive maintenance.
The Oilmaster oil management system consists of the following components:
- Oil reservoir
- Pump unit
- Control light
- Sump plug
- Oil level sensor
For larger machines deployed under demanding circumstances, Groeneveld developed the Heavy Duty Oilmaster. Equipped with a sturdy aluminum tank, it is highly suitable for mining equipment: